Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Swollen knee after a fall for a 16 year old girl - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   I am a 16 year old girl. Yesterday I went ice-skating and fell down on my knee. I have no bruising but there is a very large swollen and hard lump above my knee. I can still move my knee but it is painful. Should I get this checked out by a doctor or is it like a normal bruise and will it just go away? Thanks
Doctor :   If you have a bruise and swelling put the ice cubes
Doctor :   over the area
Doctor :   for 15 minutes
Doctor :   atleast 3 times a day
User :   There is no bruising. It is only very swollen and tender
Doctor :   If you have pain
Doctor :   I mean if it is swollen
Doctor :   If you have pain and pain on pressing the area you can take Tylenol tablet
Doctor :   for pain
Doctor :   If you are not able to walk
Doctor :   or the swelling increasing
Doctor :   then please see the doctor
User :   ok thanks!
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting healthcaremagic. Please refer your friends
Doctor :   for our site
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor