Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Swelling of the foreskin and itching - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
User :   My penis tip is itching a lot..Looks like the foreskin is swollen. what could be the reason..and how do it stop itching
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hii
User :   My penis tip is itching a lot..Looks like the foreskin is swollen. what could be the reason..and how do it stop itching
User :   r u there Doctor...
Doctor :   It is inflmation of the fore skin
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   29
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   yes
User :   this happened after having sex with my wife...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   It could be fungal infection
User :   ok what should i do now...
User :   its itching a there any way i can stop itching..
Doctor :   Use clotrimazole cream apply 3-4 times a day
User :   do u advise to see a urologist..or shall i wait...
Doctor :   Use Cetirizine 10 mg tablet daily
User :   for how many days...
Doctor :   Get CBC and Blood sugar, BUN, Creatinine
Doctor :   Use the cetirizine untill the itching resolves
User :   ok..
Doctor :   use the creams until until resolves
User :   why this will happen..
User :   whats the reason for this..
Doctor :   Usually females has candidal infection
User :   so wat should she do..
Doctor :   it is very common in females
Doctor :   Use the creams
User :   whre should she apply the cream..and which cream..
Doctor :   She also needs creams
Doctor :   she needs gynecological examination
User :   this has happened first time in 3 yrs...
User :   ok
Doctor :   She needs to apply the cream i vagina
Doctor :   *in
User :   ok
User :   do i have to apply cream on the tip of penis
User :   where itching is there..
Doctor :   in the fore skin and and on penis
User :   ok..
Doctor :   all over the head of penis
User :   ok..
User :   shall i apply it right a way..
User :   as itching is unbearable...
Doctor :   Also get examined by physician and get antibiotic course
User :   general physician or urologist....
Doctor :   It is mostly fungal infection but some doctor also give antibitics along with creqam
User :   ok
Doctor :   Did I answer the question
User :   shall i visit general physician or urologist
Doctor :   general physician s fine
User :   ok
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting
User :   ya u answered all questions..
Doctor :   Bye
User :   thanks doctor..
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor