Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the forehead - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1776 Questions
User :   I hit my head going down some stairs pretty hard, the right side of my head was swollen and bruised. It turned into a hard bump alittle bit smaller than a marble. It does not hurt. sometimes i feel like there is a pulse in it. what do you think this is?               
User :   i can move it around
User :   press real hard on it does not hurt at all
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   when did you get hurt ?
User :   3 months ago
Doctor :   is the swelling still there ?
User :   no swelling
Doctor :   ok
User :   just the marble size thing
Doctor :   which side of the head is the bump now can say the exact location
User :   right side middle of forehead
User :   middle of eye
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it growing in size from the day you have notice it
User :   at times i think it's smaller?
Doctor :   is the skin over the bump has any black spot at the center or in the side
User :   no
Doctor :   not to worry
User :   i can feel my heart beat in it
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   can the swelling be compressed with your fingure
User :   for a couple of seconds
Doctor :   if it is compressible and if you can feel heart beat in it is aneurysm of the artery
User :   what should i do about it
Doctor :   usually it is very unusual site to have aneurysm of the artery at the fore head
Doctor :   it is probably an lipoma or fibroma
Doctor :   get it physically examined by your GP
User :   can they be removed?
Doctor :   if it is aneurysm you need to undergo a surgical procedure for its correction
Doctor :   if it is lipoma or so than it can be ignored as it will not do any harm
User :   i have to get it removed?
Doctor :   yes can get it removed
Doctor :   it is a small surgical procedure
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor