Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the eye around the pupil - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   my eye is swelling
User :   not my eye lid but my acctuall eye around my pupil.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
User :   18 female sales washington not married no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when
User :   five mintues ago. its happened a few times over the last year
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is there any watering or redness
User :   yes to both
Doctor :   do u have eye pain
User :   the swelling is like this gooey squishy stuff around my eye
Doctor :   ok
User :   not really any pain
Doctor :   did u sustain any injury or trauma to eye
User :   no it just has been really itchey from allergies
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have stuffy nose ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   running nose?
Doctor :   fever ?
User :   sometimes
User :   no
Doctor :   do u have dryness of eyes?
User :   a little when it starts to itch a lot
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   take plenty of water
Doctor :   and avoid glaring at monitor for long time
Doctor :   get ur eyes tested
Doctor :   it might be due to allergy
Doctor :   i suggest u to consult eye specialist
User :   ok
Doctor :   r u able to follow
Doctor :   dont rub the eyes
User :   ok
Doctor :   wash ur eyes two to three a times day with cold water
User :   ok
Doctor :   anything else u want to us to help u with
User :   does what i have have a name?.
Doctor :   conjunctivitis
Doctor :   it can allergic conjunctivitis
Doctor :   or infective
Doctor :   i need to confirm this
Doctor :   by clinical examination
User :   ok
Doctor :   i suggest u to consult eye specialist
Doctor :   anything else u want to me to help u with
User :   nope thanks bye
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor