Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Swelling in anal area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I have noticed a swelling all around my anus which is about 5 -9 mm. While it is not giving me any pain, I am not sure as to whom I have to see, Is it urologist or a sexologist ? I don't have time to get it examined ! what should I do ?

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   u have my query, please let me know
Doctor :   May iknow your age?

User :   40 years
User :   i don't have the habit of smoking or drinking
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when is the swelling present?
User :   i have noticed it about two weeks back.
Doctor :   Do you have pain during defecation?

User :   you mean while going for stools ? slightly but not like unbearable
Doctor :   Yes
User :   what should i do ?
User :   whom i have to see
User :   is it some kind of cancer ?
User :   do i need to undergo any operation ?
Doctor :   What is the size of swelling?
User :   5-8 mm almost all around the anus
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Any bleeding or discgarge during pssing of stools
User :   no
Doctor :   The swelling can be due to many reasons as infection, allergy, any benign growth.
Doctor :   You need not just think and be worried for cancer
Doctor :   You should get it examined by a urologist and probably may also require some investigations including biopsy of swelling
User :   Do I need to undergo surgery or with medicines cure the same ?
User :   because i am going out of country and will be back after 8 months
User :   biopsy means cutting that portion ?
Doctor :   Biopsy is taking a portion from swelling and studying it to see its diagnosis.

User :   can it not be rectified using medicines alone ?
Doctor :   Its not that you will have to go for surgery only, medications can also heal it but only after examining it a conclusion can be drawn
User :   any change of food habits ?
User :   what could be the reasons for this kind of swelling ?
Doctor :   Do you have constipation?

User :   no
User :   it is always smooth
Doctor :   These swelling can be due to an infection in the anal area which later spreads and causes pus formation allowing bacteria to settle there.

Doctor :   Also if not cured can lead to fissures also
User :   but by touch it is like a lump
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Take high fibre diet like dals, beans, egg, fish
Doctor :   Lots of fruits
Doctor :   Drink lots of water
Doctor :   Avoid having constipation at all
Doctor :   Have you followed what i have said?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor