Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Swelling abdomen - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Abdominal Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   HI
User :   hello sir
Doctor :   Plz proceed with your query.
User :   XXXXXXXX from hyderabad
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Dr. I find some bubble like on my stomach and also on my back
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   31
User :   on the stomach i can feel it after touching
User :   and on my back it is visable
Doctor :   Can you explain in detail, what exactly do you mean by bubble like?
Doctor :   Is it a swelling?
User :   yes
User :   there is only one on the stomach
User :   but three on the back
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since how long?
User :   since 6 months
User :   it is not pain
User :   but if press it i feel some pain
Doctor :   Is it painful or any discharge associated symptoms?
Doctor :   Ok
User :   no discharge
User :   should i go for some scanning
Doctor :   Hoe big is the swelling in size?
User :   it is mediumk
User :   not so big
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does it reduce or increase in size after intake of food?
User :   no
Doctor :   Any pain during swallowing of food?
User :   no
Doctor :   There can be many causes of swelling as infection, chronic constipation, poor muscle tone, or food allergy.

Doctor :   It may be hernia also
User :   so what is your advise
Doctor :   I will advise you to go and have a complete examination and investigation of the swelling by a gastroenterologist.

User :   ok
Doctor :   To see the nature, size and fluctuation of the swelling.

User :   I am afraid for cancer
Doctor :   Also he may advise you aome biosy of the swelling if required.
Doctor :   No need to be afraid of that, swelling are due to various reasons but its need examination before coming to any conclusion.
User :   ok thanks sir
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor