Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Surgical treatment for Gynecomastia - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hello Dr
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I am a 24 years old male has a boobs
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   To help you better, my I know if you had seen a doctor for this problem in the past?
User :   no never
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   let me explain to you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Gynecomastia which refers to development of breast tissue in males occurs due to medical, endocrine and drug induced causes.
Doctor :   A corrective surgery in the form of plastic surgery, liposuction can be used to correct gynecomastia.
Doctor :   In the mean time, treating the cause is also essential.
Doctor :   I would hence suggest you to consult an endocrinoloigist, who after a physical examination and evaluation
Doctor :   will suggest you the right treatment option.
Doctor :   You can choose between this surgical correction and accupressure following a consultation with an endocrinologist.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes dr and i ll consult with an endocrinologist regarding it

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor