Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Surgery to treat crooked penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   I have a very crooked penis that prevents intercourse.Can this problem be corrected ?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
Doctor :   may i know your age ?
User :   70
Doctor :   And can u mention the degree of angulation of your penis ?
User :   90 degrees
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   have you had difficulties during sex ?
Doctor :   if so can you explain it ?
User :   Yes this codtion prevents intercourse
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   in case the degree inhibits or causes hindreance to sex, it can defintiely be corrected
Doctor :   surgery will definitely help
User :   How difficult is the surgery? What is the rate of success ?
Doctor :   the penis is composed of blubs of vascular tissue
Doctor :   any fibrosis in the penis results in contractures
Doctor :   and this causes crookedness, etc
Doctor :   surgery is not difficult
Doctor :   success rate is 80 - 90 %
User :   Can you send me some details ? Cost etc.
Doctor :   the cost will depend on the hospital and the surgeon involved
User :   Where would I need to go for a consultation?
Doctor :   you may need to consult a urologist at your nearest hospital
Doctor :   can u tell me where you reside ?
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   Near ,but travel to another place would be preferred and a doctor that is expericed in the proceedure also preferred
Doctor :   which place would u like ?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will send you details of a clinic in
Doctor :   you can consult them and they will let you the cost of surgery
Doctor :   i hope this helps
Doctor :   it seems that you have moved out of the chat session, due to lack of time
Doctor :   please login again if u have any other medical query
Doctor :   take care and bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor