Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Surgery suggested for tight penile foreskin. Any other treatment options? Any side effects of the surgery? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you ?
User:I'm 27 years old and I have a tight foreskin which doesn't pull back. I'm very anxious and need help to rectify it
Doctor:Ok, it is a common condition seen in males
Doctor:Its called PHIMOSIS
Doctor:Have you got it examined any time by a doctor ?
User:No not yet
Doctor:I suggest you visit a Urologist
Doctor:If it is of milder degree it can be treated with steroid ointments
Doctor:If severe you may be needing a minor surgical procedure called Circumcision
User:the foreskin completely covers the glans and it has a narrow opening at the tip
User:i'm not sure how mild or severe it is
Doctor:Based on the description you provided I believe you will need the surgery to correct it
User:I feel too embarrassed to tell my parents about it. How long will the surgery take? Do I need someone to take me home after that
Doctor:No, its a simple surgery. It does not take more than two days of hospital stay
User:So it means I need to get admitted for more than a day?
User:I'm told that there are lot of side effects. Is it true? Any complications ?
Doctor:No not all
Doctor:Only rare complication is its recurrence
User:I don't find any problem while masturbating. Should I still need to get it done?
Doctor:Yes, I do recommend you to get it done. You my find difficulty in performing intercourse with your partner
User:is there any specific hospital which does the surgery
Doctor:Almost all hospitals with operation theater XXXXXXX do this
Doctor:This is a common surgery
User:can I go to work after the surgery? I mean how soon can I
Doctor:Within two days
User:ok, I get itching in my butt hole everynight while I sleep. It's very hard to control and it's become a habit. Is it because of any infection?
Doctor:Yes, it could be due to worm infestation
Doctor:You can take Benadryl to get relieve from itching but you have to take deworming medications.
User:what do I do for that
Doctor:You may have to ask your treating doctor for the deworming medication he after examining you can formulate a specific dosage and advice you
User:can I ask this to a urologist ?
Doctor:Yes, you can.
User:ok thanks. Do we contract any diseases by oral sex? if with multiple partners
Doctor:Disease like HIV, Herpes, Candidiasis etc
User:even if they are healthy.. i mean without them having any of those diseases
Doctor:No, the above diseases if present in your partner can cause infection in you
Doctor:Is there anything I can help you with ?
User:just one more thing. I get a transparent semen sometimes when i masturbate. does it have to be thick all the time ?
User:also I ejaculate too early. How do i hold it for long?
Doctor:More frequent masturbation can lead to thin semen. There is no need to worry about that.
User:any medications to control early ejaculation?
Doctor:There are no medications with good success. The best technique is to follow exercises like Kegel exercises
User:okay. that's it for now. thanks for the suggestions
Doctor:You are welcome
Doctor:Thanks for using this service
Doctor:Bye for now
Doctor:Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor