Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Surgery for skin scars - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   My daughter,aged 22 years, has got 2 Nos deep stich marks on her chin (wounds created due to accidental falling which were healed by stiching and bandage which created the deep scar marks. One mark is 12 years old & other one is 6 month old. Both of these marks are visible from the same side of the face or if she lifts her face upward ). Kindly advise how to remove it. In case of plastic surgery, what is the cost & time involved and whether hospital/clinic for same is available near our hometown i.e. at XXX, India. Thanks. XXX
Doctor :   This is Dr. XXX from XXX I am going thru ur query, plz hold
User :   OK
Doctor :   Hi Mr XXX
Doctor :   to go ahead,
Doctor :   there are 2 ways
Doctor :   first please consult a dermatologist , so that whether lasert surgery can be tried in this case, to remove the scars non surgically
Doctor :   **laser surgery
Doctor :   Also, plastic surgery - skin grafting is the ultimate and last means to remove scar tissues as well.
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   Whether the laser surgery itself is not a surgical method?
Doctor :   laser is not a surgical method
Doctor :   Laser resurfacing is a very controlled burning procedure during which a laser vaporizes superficial layers of facial skin
User :   Can you suggest any good dermatologist near to our Place - XXX India
Doctor :   the laser procedure creates a fresh surface over which new skin can grow
Doctor :   give me a minute
Doctor :   give me a minute
Doctor :   i will give u a call on your cell phone in few minutes and let u know, about this facilty
Doctor :   is that ok?
User :   Ok doctor
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   is there anything else i cal help u with ?
Doctor :   *can
Doctor :   Are u there ?
User :   XXXXXX
Doctor :   this is a dermatologist in XXX
Doctor :   ok
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor