Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Superficial thrombophlebitis post donating blood - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Iam.Dr.XXXXXXX
User :   i require a gastrologist
User :   Hi
Doctor :   May i help you?
Doctor :   ok
User :   from Lucknow
Doctor :   'Now you are chatting with a general physician
User :   Hi Doctor
Doctor :   i will try to help you with in the best of my ability
Doctor :   and if you need i can get you specialist opinion from a gastroenterologist
Doctor :   Hi
User :   My friend has donated blood 3-4 days back n theie is some redness on the arm
Doctor :   ok is it swollen
Doctor :   and is it in a line
User :   its like a circle
Doctor :   small redness is normal
Doctor :   if it is spreading in a line along the vein
Doctor :   with pain and swelling
User :   no
Doctor :   it is called superficial thrombophlebitis
Doctor :   which is to be treated
Doctor :   or else she can apply some thrombophobe ointment locally and see
Doctor :   Superficial thrombophlebitis is inflammation of a vein due to a blood clotblood clot in a vein located just below the skin's surface.
User :   there is no pain or swelling
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so it might be normal small clot
Doctor :   is she diabetic?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   sos try some warm compresses
Doctor :   apply the ointment locally
Doctor :   and see it is not spreading
User :   no it is not spreading infact improving day by day
Doctor :   so no need to worry
Doctor :   wait for some more days
Doctor :   it will get resolved
User :   ok
User :   thnks
Doctor :   as the clot is absorbed by the body
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting
User :   In fact i wanna ask u abt some Gastro prolem
Doctor :   yes sure
User :   i am suffering from high acidity
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   when ever i eat some thing or drink some access problem
User :   30
Doctor :   do you smoke?
Doctor :   do you take alcohol?
User :   2-3 in a day that 2 aftr 6 PM
User :   2-3 days in a week
Doctor :   Smoking and alcohol intake will cause the
Doctor :   lower oesophageal muscles to work poorly
Doctor :   which causes the acid to reflux in to oesophagus
User :   my other collegue use to consume more than me but they dont have the same problem
Doctor :   Fatty and fried foods, chocolate, garlic and onions, drinks with caffeine, acid foods such as citrus fruits and tomatoes, spicy foods, mint flavorings can also cause it
Doctor :   it varies among persons
Doctor :   Eating large meals, eating soon before bedtime can all increase your reflux
User :   how to improve it
Doctor :   avoid spicy meals
Doctor :   wait for 1 hr after food to sleep
User :   i dont take much
User :   i do that
Doctor :   ok good
Doctor :   Don't eat within 3 hours of bedtime. This allows your stomach to empty and acid production to decrease. If you don't eat, your body isn't making acid to digest the food.
Doctor :   Similarly, don't lie down right after eating at any time of day.
Doctor :   Elevate the head of your bed 6 inches with blocks. Gravity helps prevent reflux.
Doctor :   Don't eat large meals. Eating a lot of food at one time increases the amount of acid needed to digest it. Eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day.
Doctor :   Stop smoking. Smoking weakens the lower esophageal sphincter and increases reflux.
Doctor :   Lose excess weight. Overweight and obese people are much more likely to have bothersome reflux than people of healthy weight.
User :   whn i am empty stomach problem increase
User :   does 2-3 cigratts in a day make much difference
Doctor :   try taking syrup digene daily before food
Doctor :   stop smoking
User :   i use to tk Mucain MPS
Doctor :   do regular 30 min exercise to increase intestine movements
Doctor :   good
Doctor :   continue that
User :   ok
User :   any other medicine
User :   shuld i try some enzymes like Aritozyme
User :   ???
Doctor :   yes you can
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor