Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Sunburn causing skin pigmentation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Pigmentation Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   Hello
User :   I wanted to know abt this black patch on my temple
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   ok
User :   what could be the cause
Doctor :   since when are you having it?
User :   its not that dark...
User :   but is clearly visible if u r close
User :   on the right temple
Doctor :   since when?
User :   i first noticed it an year back
Doctor :   has it recently increased in size or changed color?
User :   no..
User :   color and size is same
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is it raised above the skin
User :   no...
Doctor :   or is it merged with skin?
User :   merged
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   some minor ones...
User :   like bleeding from gums
User :   thats it,i think
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
Doctor :   the most common reason could be due to sun burn
User :   that should effect the entire body ..shouldnt it?
Doctor :   i suggest that you avoid sun exposure
User :   i actually have minimum sun exposure...
Doctor :   no it can cause pigmentation like this sometimes
User :   i work in nights
User :   and sleep during daytime
Doctor :   it could be an accumulation of pigment
User :   ok...
User :   so how do we fix it?
Doctor :   i suggest you use a good sunscreen lotion
Doctor :   of atlest 25-30 spf strength
User :   ok..
User :   Thanks... a lot.
Doctor :   it usually regresses with age
User :   hmmmm
Doctor :   but if you require you can go for cosmetic surgery
User :   that sounds scary
Doctor :   please confirm your details
User :   that is right
Doctor :   if it is not very disfiguring and not canging you can leave it as it is
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
User :   done
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   if it is recently increasing in size
Doctor :   or changing shape or color
Doctor :   then you can visit a dermatologist
User :   k
Doctor :   promptly
User :   alrite
Doctor :   medicines are usually ineffective
Doctor :   here
User :   i see
Doctor :   laser or plastic surgery can be done
Doctor :   if you wish
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   it aint that serious
User :   no thank you
Doctor :   ok
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor