Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggestion of biopsy for enlarging mole - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Hello-I have a pale brown mole on my face that seems to be getting larger in size (the increased area is clear in color). It protrudes a lot more & itches/tingles as well. Should I be concerned?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
User :   Hello Dr
Doctor :   Yes'
Doctor :   it is increasing in size
Doctor :   it is itching
Doctor :   it protrudes
User :   I am worried about a large mole & changes in it.
User :   Yes to all the above
Doctor :   You need bipsy to rule out cancer changes in the mole
User :   Have recently had 2 biopsies on breast & uterus
User :   All benign from pathologist
Doctor :   so
User :   So I made appt do I neeed to see dermatologist
Doctor :   yes
User :   any thing more to prevent treat mole as i have many on my face
Doctor :   You need to avoid sun exposure
Doctor :   Use Sunc screen lotions
Doctor :   Use cloths caps and cloths
Doctor :   Wear goggles
User :   Ok Thank You Goggles??
Doctor :   if there are any chages in existing moles do biopsy and rule out cancer
Doctor :   Yes
User :   ok Thank You Bye
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor