Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for vertigo - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 02-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1559 Questions
Doctor:let me read your query
Doctor:give me a moment
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:all right
User:colleague is suddenly feeling dizzy
Doctor:give her a glass of ORS water to drink
User:she said she has vertigo
User:she was feeling dizzy in her head .. loss of balance.. vomitting
Doctor:ask her to close her eyes and rest in a calm lone room
User:as a 1st aid... what shud we do
Doctor:its an acute acute of the vertigo
Doctor:give her a glass of ORS water to drink
Doctor:ask her to close her eyes and rest in a calm lone room
User:we asked her to lye down
Doctor:make her lie down with head flat, no pillows under the head
User:any medicine ?
Doctor:Nothing as of now
User:she can sleep on her back
Doctor:she can rest for a while she should be fine
Doctor:yes, she can sleep on her back
Doctor:watch for a couple of hours
User:shud we take her home now or wait till she feels better
Doctor:For persistent vertigo, I prescribe my patients tablet Vertin 16mg thrice daily for 2 to 3 days
Doctor:wait till she feels better
Doctor:let she rest for an hour
User:but no medicine right now?
User:later should she be seein an ENT or neurologist?
Doctor:no medicine right now
Doctor:she must see an ENT specialist
Doctor:all right?
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:any more queries for now?
User:no hx
Doctor:thanks for consulting me
Doctor:bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor