Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for urine incontinence - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Jul-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
Please proceed with your query you know about my father's prostate surgery on 3 XXXXXXX
User:he is having problem in controlling passing of urine
User:sometimes he passes it in his pants only
User:not able to control
Doctor:Has he consulted his doctor after the procedure?
User:doctor has asked to visit after a month
User:after the surgery they had got some reports
User:and in that everything is normal
User:I belive they had sent the samples to XXXXXXX for testing
Doctor:What medicines is he on now?
User:medicines exactly I do not know the names
User:but as per discussion with my sister
User:he was provided with 7 different kind of tablets which are to be taken for certain duration
User:just today he finished the course
User:and he was provided with a syrup to avoid constipation
Doctor:In this context, I suggest he discuss with his treating doctor.
Doctor:urine incontinence may be the effect of the procedure or may be due to some of the medicines that he is taking.
Doctor:His treating surgeon will be the most appropriate person to address this problem. night too he needs to use a container in which he can urinate
User:or else he needs to get up every few minutes which is not possible for him due to weakness
Doctor:I understand his symptoms.
Doctor:In my opinion, he should talk to the treating surgeon.
User:just wanted a suggestion if is it something abnormal
Doctor:My answers here will be limited in view of very short information.
Doctor:His symptoms are definitely not normal. However the treating doctor is the person who can inform us whether or not this is something concerning.
User:ok doctor..thank you
User:I have no more queries
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor