Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for jock itch - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 17-Oct-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:dr.i have had jockitch
User:and have tried many gen solutions
Doctor:Since when are you having this problem?
User:15 days'
Doctor:Can you name the medicines you have tried till now?
User:itch guard
User:n antifungal dusting powder
User:this is very irritating n itching is there
Doctor:Did you see a doctor to diagnose this?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:what should i do
Doctor:As you say its jock itch and its a fungal infection. For this you need to apply topical antibiotic cream like zole - f.
Doctor:It is usually applied twice a day after cleaning the area with warm water and drying it up.
Doctor:Along with this avoid any scratching
Doctor:maintain hygeiene
Doctor:wear loose cotton pants.
Doctor:dust the area with talc powder to avoid any deposition of sweat.
User:zole-f is available in normal medics
Doctor:Yes, its available and is a prescription only drug.
Doctor:so for this you need to see a doctor for prescription.
Doctor:Is there anything else you would like to know?
Doctor:Do you have any more queries for me?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor