Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high BP with headache - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:My mum who is 75 has a blood pressure reading of 184/79. She is taking daily blood pressure tablets daily however I checked her blood pressure this evening after she was saying she has a bad headache and also I observed she is really read in the face. What should I do? Take her to after hrs medical centre or hospital. She said to wait to morning but I'm really worried.
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:You have to take her to the Emergency now
User:Thank you
Doctor:People over 75 years with uncontrolled blood pressure over 180 should not be left unattended without medical support
Doctor:There will be risk of stroke or anginal pain
Doctor:Did you follow?
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
User:Yes I did taking her now, I went straight to get her. Thanks a lot
Doctor:Please give me a moment to read your thread with earlier doctor
Doctor:all right
Doctor:Is she better now?
Doctor:Did you take her to the ER?
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors for medical queries or use 'ASK A DOCTOR' option
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor