Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-May-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:which doctor is specialist for piles (bawaseer)?
User:My father needs surgery for bawaseer
Doctor:Has he seen any doctor earlier?
Doctor:Hemorrhoids or piles can be managed conservatively with medications and life style changes.
Doctor:If indeed he need surgery, you can consult a proctologist or a general surgeon.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Are you there?\
User:yes he was seeing a doctor from long time
User:in between, piles will go but will come back again after couple of monts
User:Doctor have suggested for surgery
User:but thats a local doctor
User:So, now i want to consult a specialist for him
Doctor:Recurrence of hemorrhoids is known factor and surgery can reduce the risks of recurrence, but not completely nullify the risks.
Doctor:You can consult a proctologist or a general surgeon before taking the decision to operate him.
User:Are their any side effects after surgery?
User:or any comlications?
Doctor:Complications of infection and excessive bleeding. Rarely chances of injury to anal splincter.
Doctor:Lastly as I mentioned early the possibility of recurrence cannot be ruled out.
Doctor:You may also opt for lesser invasive techniques such as sclerosing the affected vein
Doctor:if you do not wish for surgery.
Doctor:The proctologist / general surgeon will know about it.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
User:ok..that doctor was saying something about...burning that with some japanese machine
User:just a minor procedure of about 10 minutes
User:Is it similar to what you are saying?
Doctor:There are sclerosing agents and banding procedures that are used for those who are not fit for surgery.
Doctor:I am not sure which of those refers to the Japanese machine your doctor spoke off.
Doctor:Consult a general surgeon or proctologist.
Doctor:they will know about these techniques.
Doctor:Did you follow what I said?
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:no thnaks
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor