Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for gastritis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 10-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1559 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:i have pain in my stomach on left side
User:bascially its a gastic problem
User:and it is started from yesterday
User:because of i have a work 8-9 continously sitting work
User:what should i do
Doctor:Are you sure what you have is gastritis?
User:but it is started from yesterday
User:pain was very hight
User:i have taken eno for thaat
User:and after 5 min got relax
Doctor:Gastritis responds with antacids and proton pump inhibitor drugs.
User:r u advising my some drugs
Doctor:If you are very sure what you have is gastritis you can take antacids such as Syp sucralfate 5ml three times a day before food.
Doctor:I would also add tab pantoprazole 40mg once a day for 2 weeks.
User:actually i have taken a syp in previous timing also and not really worked
User:bcz its my dalily scheduled work
User:sitting work so many hours
Doctor:The above medicines work very well in my patients with gastritis.
Doctor:If these medicines aren't working, then perhaps you may have other cause of stomach ache.
User:what cause
Doctor:Can you describe the pain and its exact location (above or below the belly button)
User:below the bellybutton
User:on left side
Doctor:Pain below the belly button is not from gastritis.
Doctor:Can you describe the pain - is it cramping in nature or like a dull ache?
User:dull ache
Doctor:Does it spread down to the genitalia / thighs?\
Doctor:Are you running fever?
Doctor:How are your bowel habits?
Doctor:Do you have problems while passing urine?\
Doctor:If you have no other complaints, then this pain may be due to muscular causes or due to intraabdominal massess like cysts, lymph nodes or diverticulosis.
Doctor:You might need an ultrasound examination to confirm the cause of this ache.
Doctor:I would suggest you see a surgeon for detailed investigations and to get the aforementioned tests.
Doctor:In the mean time, I would treat this pain (not the cause) with pain killers like Ibuprofen 200mg twice a day after food.
User:kindly confirm the surgeon to whom i should contact
Doctor:Any general surgeon will be able to assist you with this problem.
User:ok thnks nice talking to you ...
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor