Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for depression - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-Sep-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Depression
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor: Please proceed with your query.
User:Hi...I was looking for some help from a Psychiatrist. And, its just my second time on this site. So, just wanted to check if I am chatting with a correct doctor..
Doctor:I am a general physician
Doctor:Specialists are not available on chat or call
Doctor:But only on queries
Doctor:If you wish to chat with a psychiatrist, you can post Ask A Specialist query
Doctor:I can assist you within my expertise
User:So, what do you suggest I do? I can leave my queries for the specialist to get back..?
User:Ok, got it...
User:Still, since you are here, let me share my question, may be you can guide me right...
User:I was looking for help in dealing with my state of mind after a failed relationship. I haven't able to focus on anything since the incident and constantly feel low. My quality of life and ability to focus on anything have really gone down. Would you be able to help or guide with what I can possibly do next..?
Doctor:I need to know your symptoms in detail
Doctor:What other symptoms are you experiencing?
User:On a daily basis, past incidents flash across my mind. And, I have gone days together without sleep...
User:I am not able to forget my past. Even small tasks seem enormous to finish..
User:I even cry on occasions when it becomes hard to handle..
Doctor:Is it impacting your daily work?
User:Yes, in a big way. I am not able to focus on anything. I easily get distracted. I was initially thinking that all of this will gradually become normal after a couple of months. But, its been almost an year now. And, am still not able to do anything about my condition
User:So, I want to address this before its too late..
Doctor:Yes you need to address it and relax
User:So, what do you suggest I do next..?
Doctor:You will definitely need a detailed consultation with psychiatrist in person
Doctor:He may suggest antidepressant medicines
Doctor:I would also suggest that you try meditation to enhance focusing
User:In the meantime, can I put together my thoughts and share on the site for a specialist to help..?
Doctor:It is nothing but low energy
Doctor:You need guided meditation
Doctor:Some are available on youtube as well
Doctor:Courses are also available
User:And, is it normal that people go through such feelings even after a year of an incident?
Doctor:I feel that you have recurring thoughts
User:Yes, I do
Doctor:People go through it
Doctor:Meditation does help with recurring thoughts
Doctor:I personally like art of living but you can chose for yourself
User:Alright, thanks doctor for your help. Ill seek help from a psychiatrist and check out meditation as an option too...Thanks!
Doctor:Take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor