Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for depression - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 18-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Depression
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:I am concerned for my brother in law. He's 44 years old and in very deep depression due being a victim of child sexual abuse. He is in counseling but I'm deeply concerned that his counselor is not at all aware of the severity of his issues. Is there a treatment center or recovery center where he be assessed please? He's in Monrovia Ca.
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:all right
Doctor:Sorry about your brother in law current health status
Doctor:I have read your query
Doctor:let me give you the details of few specialists in Monrovia Ca
Doctor:Dr. Carlotta V. Freeman, MD

Adult Psychiatry
1414 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Doctor:the doctor is around 17.08 miles from Monrovia, CA
Doctor:Call to Schedule an Appointment at this number
(213) 401-6505
Doctor:Dr. Freeman has 23 yrs of experience
Doctor:there is one another specialist at around 5.95 miles from Monrovia, CA
Doctor:Dr. XXXXXXX H. Lindheimer, MD

4519 Rosemead Blvd Suite 101, Rosemead, CA 91770
Doctor:this doctor has 57 yrs of experience
Doctor:call this number for appointment(626) 285-2128 (Office)
User:Are you aware of any recovery centers for men in this situation? He has kept this bottled up inside for so many years that it's affecting him.
Doctor:I am personally not aware of recovery centers
Doctor:But give me a moment
Doctor:let me check on it
Doctor:for any reference
Doctor:have you heard of Positive Recovery Center, 17291 Irvine Blvd Suite 104, Tustin, CA 92780 ?
Doctor:How far would this be for you?
Doctor:This is one adult recovery center with 3 providers
Doctor:Would this be convenient for travel for your brother in law?
User:No I haven't.... Do they deal with sexual abuse issues? And is a place where he can stay there? Distance would not an issue for him so long as this place is good for him.
User:What does 3,providers in one offer?
Doctor:This center consists of 3 specialists practicing together
User:Oh I see all psychiatrist?
Doctor:all 3 of them practice adult psychiatry and recovery programmes
Doctor:They do deal with sexual abuse issues
User:Okay... In patient is offered also?
Doctor:There should be a facility for staying in as well
Doctor:you could call them on this number for further guidance (714) 730-0505 (Office)
Doctor:I assume it should be there, not 100% sure though
User:Okay sounds good. Thank you
Doctor:You may call them on the same
Doctor:The specialists could guide you further for treatment of your brother in law
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:Is there anything else that i could help you with?
User:Okay, do they also deal with suicide issues should he be to that point?
Doctor:Yes, they do
User:Okay thanks so much.
Doctor:my pleasure
Doctor:let me give your another center details as well
Doctor:just in case you need it
Doctor:550 W Vista Way Suite 109, Vista, CA 92083
Doctor:call them here (760) 305-4635 (Office)
(760) 305-4636 (Fax)
Doctor:This is definitely a recovery center
Doctor:They must have in patient services as well
Doctor:Please check with this facility as well
Doctor:It is almost one and a half hour journey for you
Doctor:I wish your brother in law recovers quickly
Doctor:Appreciate your concern for him
User:Thank you distance and money do not matter.
Doctor:anything else that I can help you with?
User:No, Signing off, GOD bless you
Doctor:thank you and same to you
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor