Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic dry eye - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jan-2015
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
Doctor: Please proceed with your query.
User:I am a 29 old female working with IT firm..
User:and currently i am having chronic dry eye trouble..
Doctor:Have you tried artificial tears?
User:yes .. refresh tears i have been using..
User:but its not helping me much
Doctor:It means that either the tears are not forming or the tear flow is blocked
Doctor:For blockage of flow of tears an examination by an ophthalmologist will be needed
User:meanwhile can u suggest me good eye drops.
Doctor:For tears not forming, it may be some inflammation in the lacrimal glands
Doctor:There is nothing better than refresh for dry eyes
Doctor:Here we need to find the cause
User:u mean to say i need to see an opthalmalogist.. right?
Doctor:Now inflammation may be either infection or autoimmune etc
Doctor:Well yes
User:okay.. i will see a doctor tomorrow.
Doctor:You should ask the ophthalmologist to find the cause
User:thanks a lot :)
Doctor:Thanks and take care
User:u too take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor