Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for acidity - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I m feeling some problem in stomach
Doctor:Please explain.
User:Acidity & acid reflux(khatti dakar). on daily basis i feel like stomach full all the time. a normal pain is also there.
User:it looks to me that i have gas problem.
Doctor:Since when do you have this problem?
User:actually a year back i had same problem. then i get it checked in liver hospital
User:my sgpt came to be 85. After getting medicians & ignore alcohol, heavy food, junk food, spicy. it become normal
User:2 months back i get it checked & SGPT was 52
User:but the problem of acid reflux & acidity is at is it
User:my friends also have high sgpt,,but they dont have such problem.
Doctor:SGPT of 52 is marginal elevation and has no much significance.
Doctor:In fact, I am happy that the levels came down from 85 to 52.
User:currently i am taking pantop 40. which stopped sour burps(khatti dakar). But still other problems are same
Doctor:But if you suffer from abdominal pain that looks similar to hyperacidity, you need to follow a stricter life style and diet.
User:what does it mean..stricter life style & diet
Doctor:Pantop can help provide temporary measures; however if symptoms don't improve it is ideal that you consult a gastroenterologist and get ultrasound / endoscopy done.
Doctor:Early morning exercise; high fibre diet; less spicy food; eating at regular intervals, dinner atleast an hour before dinner; sleeping at regular intervals and avoiding alcohol/smoking are must.
User:can you suggest some good gastroenterologist in new delhi
Doctor:You can consult Dr. XXXXXXX Singal
Doctor:He practices at
Doctor:1. Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute for Liver, Renal and Digestive Diseases (PSRI), New Delhi, INDIA
Doctor:He would be available until 4 here.
Doctor:And after 6, this doctor is available at
Doctor:K-62 B, 1st Floor, Chaachi Building, Lal Quarter, XXXXXXX Nagar, Delhi-110051.
Doctor:Do you have any more questions?
User:can i have alcohol once in a month
Doctor:If you don't binge drink then once in a month alcohol is accepted. By binge drinking I mean if you don't consume more than 5 units of alcohol.
Doctor:Each form of alcohol has different units in them.
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor