Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest the medication to postpone periods? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hello doctor
User:good afternoon
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i have a query on postponing the periods of my wife
User:Her last date was 26th July
User:This cycle will fall in 26th August
User:but we want to postpone it due to a family ocassion
User:what can be best ways medicinally
Doctor:There are pills available to post pone periods.
User:if we use contraceptive, it will do it r8?
Doctor:Some drugs like Primolut N prescribed for use a few days before the expected dates.
Doctor:Periods are not expected to occur as long as she is on such pills
Doctor:She can use them to post pone periods for short duration of time.
User:when it has to be started?
Doctor:Since these drugs need to be timed and used based on her needs and as they are prescription only drugs, you need to consult a local gynecologist for a prescription.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor