Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Suggest suitable way to reduce weight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:How to lose weight?? Weight 83, height 5.6
Doctor:Good afternoon
User:good afternoon dr.
Doctor:is this your current query?
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:it seems like you are not responding
Doctor:I shall close the chat window now
Doctor:please log in to chat again
User:technical issue was not able to view ur chat
Doctor:are you back?
User:yes, its my current query doctor
Doctor:let me read it
Doctor:It is through regular exercise and healthy diet
Doctor:please exercise daily
Doctor:running on treadmill
User:i dont get time
Doctor:do all sorts of exercise
Doctor:Sorry about that
Doctor:but exercise is must to reduce weight
User:suggest something tat i can do at home
Doctor:healthy diet is important
Doctor:You can exercise at home
Doctor:I exercise at home
Doctor:You can use a DVD or casette that has aerobics
User:food to be take
Doctor:just follow the exercises they do
User:ok ill
Doctor:You can try Jump start CD by times wellness
Doctor:it is good
Doctor:You won't feel that you are working out
Doctor:It takes only half an hour a day
User:oh ok
Doctor:You can request for a diet chart from our dietitian
Doctor:You can raise a request for the same from your dashboard
User:ok i ll raise requesty
Doctor:You can plan accordingly your diet and exercise routine
Doctor:wish you good luck
User:i get food poision all the time
Doctor:oh, so sorry to know that
User:n i have gastrisity
Doctor:you must be eating outside food, isn't it?
Doctor:gastritis can be a big problem again
Doctor:You must take the right food to prevent gastritis
User:ok, watever i have i feel like omiting n i feel so tired
Doctor:also you must eat on time
Doctor:that is bad
Doctor:You must take antacid tablets for some time
Doctor:I usually prescribe my patients capsule Pantodac DSR on empty stomach
Doctor:daily one capsule
User:can u tell me the tablet name so that i can take
Doctor:get it?
Doctor:capsule Pantodac DSR on empty stomach
Doctor:daily one capsule
User:ok, also dont mind suggest some tab to reduce weight also i ll also follow the diet
Doctor:The tablet orlistat is approved for weight loss
Doctor:you can try that
User:how many days should i take this tablets
User:oh thank u
Doctor:for 3 months
Doctor:120mg tablet 3 times a day
User:both tablets??
Doctor:with food
Doctor:come again
User:Pantodac DSR : this tablet how days i shd take??
Doctor:a minimum of 3 weeks
Doctor:Orlistat for minimum of 3 months
User:3 times a day is it
Doctor:with food
User:hmmmm ok
User:do i get all these tablets at medical
Doctor:wish you good health
Doctor:Both are prescription drugs
Doctor:You must get them prescribed by your doctor
Doctor:They are not available over the counter
User:one more thing
Doctor:ask me
Doctor:glad to help you
User:my periods happen only fr 2 - 3 days
User:i get severe stomach ache fr 2 days
User:i wont be able to have food only
Doctor:I am sorry; I think you did not mention your age
Doctor:Can I know your age?
Doctor:your marital status as well
Doctor:This is due to hormonal imbalance
Doctor:Hyperoesetrogen stage
Doctor:Have you gotten a scan done for this?
User:they said their wont be any issue to my health frm this
Doctor:Do you have the scan report with you?
Doctor:if the doctors have told you that, then there is nothing to worry
User:hmmm ok
Doctor:take simple analgesics like Dolo for relief of pain
Doctor:Drink more water when in periods
User:hmmm ok
User:thanks for ur time
Doctor:my pleasure
Doctor:any more queries?
User:no thanks
Doctor:all right
Doctor:take care
Doctor:wish you good health
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor