Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest medicines for hormonal imbalance - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:hello doctor
User:please suggest some medicine for hormonal imbalance
Doctor:What kind of hormonal imbalance are you suffering from?
User:as i am suffering from jaw line acne, bloating stomach, headache.
Doctor:Ok, you need to first find out what is wrong. I would suggest that you go to an Endocrinologist and get examined.
User:i have consult my family doctor he had given medicine but no effect yet
Doctor:What medicine did he give?
User:for acne also i have started treatment from dermatologist but no use
User:after searching on internet i found that can i take Bcomplex suppliment for the same or vitamine D suppliment
User:he gave some antibiotic
Doctor:Ok, So your doctor though it was infection.
Doctor:Ok. Well, then that theory has been disproven. I would say that the next step is to check up on hormonal problems as you have mentioned
Doctor:As far as B complex and Vit D. You should never take Vit D without having your blood levels checked first
Doctor:B complex on the other hand is safe to take without testing
User:so what next step i have to do ?
User:are you there doctor ?
Doctor:sorry bad internet connection
Doctor:If I were you I would go to a good endocrinologist and get some blood work done after a full and through examination
Doctor:The blood work would include a CBC, Thyroid function and FSH and LH tests.
Doctor:That would be my first step
User:ok fine
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:nope just B complex will help ?
Doctor:Maybe, it depends on whether you are deficient
User:so above test which you recommended its ok right
User:can i saw this report here only or to my family doc
Doctor:You can go to the ab directly and ask for the tests, but i would recommend you go to an endocrinologist first
User:ok fine will do that
Doctor:Always happy to help
User:thanks doctor
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor