Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffering from muscular pains - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi
User :   ive had a reoccurance of a backache
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
User :   i have a backache
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when do you have this?
User :   lower back ache actuallys
Doctor :   Ok
User :   ive had this ache 1st about 3 years back
Doctor :   Do you sit for long hours before the computer>?
User :   while playing cricket
User :   yes now i do
Doctor :   Did you get this evaluated previously?
Doctor :   Ok
User :   no i havent
Doctor :   Does the pain go into your legs?
User :   the last time it occured it did
User :   this time it gives me jitters while standing or walking
Doctor :   You should take frequent breaks from sitting before the computer. You should sit in an ergonomically designed chair.
Doctor :   With good support to the back muscles
User :   okie
Doctor :   I also suggest that you get a X-Ray LS Spine AP and Lateral View
Doctor :   done
User :   okie
Doctor :   Are you overweight>
User :   no im not
Doctor :   You should also exercise regularly as it will strengthen the back muscles and reduce the pain
User :   this time i got the pain after playing volleyball
User :   any specific exercises
User :   i can try
Doctor :   Sleep on a firm mattress without a pillow with a rolled towel in the hollow of the back if necessary
Doctor :   Just regular treadmill, jogging and stretches
Doctor :   Nothing special
Doctor :   They will help in most cases
User :   okies
Doctor :   But as you are getting this after physical exertion, I suggest that

Doctor :   you get this evalutated with an Orthopedician
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor