Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Suffering from improper digestion and acidity with burning sensation in stomach. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 18-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:this is XXXXXXX
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:I need help with improper digestion and acidity please
User:can you help?
Doctor:I need to know your symptoms in detail to be better able to help you
User:burning sensation in stomach and when I am hungry it is more actually and irregular motions
Doctor:Do you have constipation or diarhea
User:feel kind of weird burning and little pain in right side of stomach
Doctor:Do you want to take the discussion over the phone?
User:no I dont have diarhea
Doctor:Are you there?
User:sorry cant take calls now
User:yes i am here ..
Doctor:Lets proceed with chat
Doctor:Have you gotten tested for it?
User:what kind of test?
Doctor:Like blood tests for H pylori
Doctor:Ultrasound of abdomen etc
User:i had ultra sound and urine test it was normal .. this was last month
Doctor:Since are you having the symptoms?
User:may be like 2 to 3 weeks
Doctor:Any idea about the cause?
User:when my stomach is full i dont feel pain or burning sensation
User:I took tests for the same reasons burning in stomach
Doctor:Did something come positive?
User:no, urine report was normal and ultrasound was normal
Doctor:There is a bacteria called H pylori that can cause acidity
Doctor:You can get checked for it
Doctor:Apart from that you should make some lifestyle changes
Doctor:Medicines are available that can help reduce the acidity
User:yeah can you suggest some medicines?
Doctor:If H pylori comes back positive antibiotics will help
Doctor:We need to start with medicines like digene syrup and sucralfate syrup
Doctor:If these measures do not work, then we move on to medicines like pantop, etc
User:ok but which one you want me to start now ? i took 10 burpex
User:daily one
Doctor:Two group of medicines are available proton pump inhibitors and h2 blockers
Doctor:Did it work?
User:yeah when i take medicine 2 t0 3 hours it ll be ok
User:i didnt feel its working so wanted to check for better medicines
Doctor:These medicines usually provide symptomatic relief
Doctor:Burpex belongs to the category of proton pump inhibitors
Doctor:You can add digene or sucralfate
Doctor:These also give temporary relief
Doctor:The best thing to do is to make lifestyle changes
User:so i wil continue burpex along with Digene and sucralfare?
Doctor:Lifestyle changes can include
User:how can you suggest?
Doctor:Decreasing food that can induce acidity like spicy food, junk food, etc
Doctor:Take more of fruits and vegetables
Doctor:At least 5 servings in a day is recommended
User:you mean 5 short meals?
Doctor:3 propermeals and 3 small snacks
Doctor:include fruits and veggies 5 times
Doctor:Take food at fixed time everyday
Doctor:Take more of milk and other things that reduce acidity the natural way
Doctor:Take hygienic food and pure water
Doctor:Reverse osmosis gives the purest water
Doctor:This will help with irregular stools on the long term
User:i will start the medicines and these suggestions
Doctor:If constipated try prunes
Doctor:You will find them on dry fruit aisle at stores
Doctor:Exercise daily at least 20 min
Doctor:Can include walk, yoga, gym, swimming etc
Doctor:I think the lifestyle measures help most
User:yeah... will try my best on these things..
Doctor:Also limit unnecessary medicine intake
Doctor:As all medicine can have some side-effects
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
User:Thanks Doc for the help
User:no big thanks
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
User:Thanks again bye for now
Doctor:Bye for now
Doctor:take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor