Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from high BP and chest pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 676 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ?
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you to day?
User :   yesterday afternoon my brother felt dizinness and sqeezing effect in the chest
User :   this happend 3 times when he was at office
User :   we went to doctor and did ECG and tested BP
User :   BP was high 160/80
Doctor :   How old is he?
User :   ECG came normal, we did it in 2 places
User :   he is 30 years pld
Doctor :   Does he has any other medical problem?
User :   no
Doctor :   Does he has hgh BP
User :   he dont have any other medical problems
Doctor :   How long ?
User :   no this is the first time his BP was high
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I think when he become dizzi, had chest tight ness u went to ER?
Doctor :   or clinic?
User :   in both the place ECG came normal
Doctor :   soo there in the clinic Bp was high
User :   yes in clinic BP was high
Doctor :   Ok
User :   they gave give him a table to called ANXIT
Doctor :   that is for anxiety
Doctor :   Is he still using the medicnei
User :   no
User :   today he has not taken any medicince
User :   mornig also we checked the BP
User :   it is normal today
Doctor :   Cool
Doctor :   So why he had dizziness and chest tightness while working ?
User :   that is what we too dont know
Doctor :   Does he any anxiety problems?
User :   so far no
Doctor :   Does he feel relaxed?
User :   he is very cool natured person
User :   so we are bit worried
Doctor :   Does he any time complained of any sadness, depression, crying, loss of interest
Doctor :   Do you Panic Attackes
User :   some times, he is trying for job change
User :   he gets upset
Doctor :   Does he panic abt jon lss?
User :   no
Doctor :   what job is that?
User :   he is a mechanical design engineer/software engineer
Doctor :   So u say he can get another job easily
User :   he can get not a problem
Doctor :   what?
User :   What I wanted to know is if ECG is enough or do we need to perform some other tests?
Doctor :   And not worried abt the job
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   see why Iam asking allthese : here is Psychological problems which is called Panic attack
User :   ok
Doctor :   Pateints suddenly become anic, anxiys, feel they dying , they have usual fear
User :   no probs I understand, yesterday he was also telling the same thing
Doctor :   That time they have chest tightness, BP goes high, hgeart become high, sweats
User :   ok
Doctor :   Onhe same token I can not attribute all the symptoms to Panic attacks , because if has any heart problems and if we think all due to panic attack he will be in danger in future
Doctor :   Do you follow me
Doctor :   So follow my advise
User :   ok
Doctor :   1. EKG normal
Doctor :   2. Go for Echocardiogram to look for any valvular and fucntional problems
Doctor :   DO yo follow me?
User :   ok
User :   yes
Doctor :   3. He can even gon for TMT treadMllTest
User :   ok
Doctor :   Treadmill test look whether he has any Ischemic heart related problems
User :   this week end i am planning to take him for full body checkup also
Doctor :   Ischemic Heart Disease + coronary Heaert disease >>> later presents as Heart atccck
User :   ok
Doctor :   It is nothing but narrowing of blood vessel supplying hear muscles
User :   ok
Doctor :   4. Also ge lipid profile
Doctor :   That is et
Doctor :   If every thgingf is normal
Doctor :   Take low dose antidepressant medications work great
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do you follow me?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do you have any other Q?
User :   no sir
User :   thank you very much
Doctor :   ALso get TSH , CBC, BUN, Cr , Blood Sugar\
User :   ok
Doctor :   Bye
User :   thank you
Doctor :   thank you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor