Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suffering from genital warts over a decade - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   I have what I was told is genitals warts. Nothing close to the tip. its middle and the base. Had some burnt a few years ago. I had them since before I was married but I still want to get rid of them. Everything I read says they are very contagious. However, neither my wife or any of the women I dated before got anything from it. Could it be something else?? What kind of specialist should I see? a dermatologist???
Doctor :   HI,
Doctor :   Dr XXXhere
User :   HI,
Doctor :   Please give me a minute to read your post
User :   ok
User :   I want to get rid of the marks. sould I see a dermatologist ?? plastic surgeon?? Urologist?
Doctor :   Yes, you have hear right the genital warts are contagious,
User :   Well, its been 10 years. My wife hasn't get anything
Doctor :   but there are known to spread in the same body more than other
Doctor :   the warts choose the subject
Doctor :   some are resistant to the warts
User :   I got them when I was young and used to masturbate a lot.
User :   What kind of MD should I go see to get rid of them
Doctor :   Visst a Dermatologist first
Doctor :   Visit *
Doctor :   have you got biopsy of the lesion any time ?
User :   no
Doctor :   get it done , it will be done by the dermatologist
Doctor :   it will provide exact diagnosis
User :   A Urologist burnt them once. And I also tried over the counter wart medicine.
User :   It said not to be used on genital warts. But I had to try
Doctor :   Do not do that again, genital warts are one which reccur more on mishandling them
User :   ok. I will try a dermatologist. Thank you very much
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with?
User :   No thank you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor