Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fungal infection in the ears - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u
User :   my query is regardin ENT, I have watery discharge from my left Ear since Nov 2007, i have undergone Left radical surgery in 2004. recently i was on medicen Cifrofloxin, Lecvocet-D and Bicozinc tab for one week but no improvement. plz help me
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what was the diagnosis made
Doctor :   since how long u had this problem of ear discharge
User :   since november 2007
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u follow up regularly after surgery
Doctor :   as advised by ENT specialist
Doctor :   is discharge foul smelling now
User :   ya, Dr. advice me to keep dry my ear. by accidentally during having bath water went into the ear in Nov 2007, from then it is
Doctor :   ok
User :   no smell it is watery white in colour
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u have itching?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ur ear needs to be examined
User :   i dont have any discharge from Nose, if i get cold then the discharge is from Left ear. dr said the tube which connects nose and ear is blocked so the discharge is from Ear
Doctor :   for further evaluation
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when was the last time u had seen the ENT surgeon
User :   last week
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u might need repeat follow up for the same problem
User :   which Dr u suggest me to consult ENT
Doctor :   sure
Doctor :   it can be active fungal growth
Doctor :   white watery discharge (otorrhea) - usually an indication of a fungal infection.
User :   what precautionary measure to be taken
User :   s
Doctor :   make sure
Doctor :   water doesnt enter the ear
User :   ok
Doctor :   we can fix an appointment with the ENT surgeon if u wish so
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill this form I send, and say done when done.
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   doc address to consult
Doctor :   One of our doctors will get back to you soon with all the relevant details.
User :   ok thank u
Doctor :   we will fix appointment with best ENT surgeon
Doctor :   for u
Doctor :   ok
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor