Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suffering from erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, depression. Advise - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:I am 24yrs old and sufferingg from
Erection Dysfunction
Premature Ejucalation

what are the disorder i am suffering ? is it curable?

Whom i consult Sexologist or urologist?
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:Erectile dysfunctions, Premature ejaculation and depression are 3 independent conditions.
Doctor:And yes they can be managed properly by means of medical drugs, some behavioral modification and therapies.
Doctor:Since many a times, all these 3 conditions can just be there in the mind, it is best that you suggest psychiatrist.
User:i heard about DHAT syndrome which says about Erectile dysfunctions, Premature ejaculation and depression
Doctor:once the initial psychological evaluation is done, the doctor may refer you to a physician or urologist if needed.
User:what is DHAT syndrome
Doctor:This is not an organic medical illess.
Doctor:It's is a condition which is known to be due to psychological factors.
User:is it curable ?
Doctor:Psychological conditions can be corrected.
Doctor:It needs good psychological support, proper professional guidance and rarely medical drugs.
Doctor:All your conditions - depression, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and the dhat syndrome can all be addressed by a good psychiatrist.
User:but in television i saw some doctor, Erectile dysfunctions, Premature ejaculation and depression are caused by pro long masturbation and porn addiction...
User:he says that "only he can cure XXXXXXX
User:this disorder
Doctor:The effects of masturbation and psychological addition on human body have been studied extensively in the past.
User:he charge 0000 for three months treatment
User:which can cure all the disorder
Doctor:Scientifically both these have no major effects on human body so as to affect sexual functions.
Doctor:however they have known to affect psychologically which can be treated.
Doctor:In simple words, masturbation and porn addiction will not cause any sexual dysfunctions.
Doctor:If you suffer from any such problems, I would suggest you to go visit your personal doctor or therapist and do not trust what is shown on television or any other advestisement.
Doctor:Most often such advertisement only claim and do not produce any significant/useful effects.
User:yeah your are right ....
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:can you refer any doctor who is specialist in curing the DHAT syndrome
Doctor:Let me assure you, the syndrome that you refer to is not an organic medical illness.
Doctor:It is something related to mental and psychological factors.
Doctor:It can be treated by proper behavioral modification.
Doctor:A psychiatrist or clinical psychologist will be able to help you.
Doctor:You can visit one nearby your location.
User:okay...can you refer good clinical psychologist in India
User:my city doesnt have have searched.
User:regarding clinical psychologist
Doctor:You may visit doctors at CMC vellore; or any of reputed hospitals at Chennai.
Doctor:You can also try centres such as Bangalore.
Doctor:You will be able to get a good psychiatrist at these places.
User:any specific centres in Bangalore
User:bangalore is near to my place...
Doctor:This one is found at No.1322/1, Thadagam Road, R.S.Puram, Coimbatore -0000. Phone - 0000 / 0422-0000
User:thanks ..i have another query...
User:after i pass urine i get very bad odour...
Doctor:Since when are you having these symptoms?
User:it happen whenever in office...
User:long time..
Doctor:Foul smelling urine can commonly occur when urine is concentrated.
Doctor:This can occur due to dehydration.
Doctor:Drinking sufficient amount of water can correct it.
Doctor:Alternatively foul smelling urine can be a sign of an underlying infection.
Doctor:Testing the urine sample will tell us if you have any infection.
Doctor:If the foul smell persists inspite of taking adequate water (atleast 1 and half litres per day)
Doctor:you can get a urine microscopy/culture test done.
Doctor:Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:i am another one..
User:i have tight foreskin...
Doctor:Are you sexually active?
Doctor:Tight foreskin rarely causes problem.
Doctor:It needs to be treated if you have difficulties/pain during intercourse.
Doctor:It can be corrected by means of simple procedure called circumcision.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:can i have sex with tight foreskin?
User:will i have problem...?
Doctor:Many men with tight foreskin do not face any problems,
Doctor:if you have any problem during intercourse you can visit urologist who will cure this condition by means of circumcision.
Doctor:Do you follow?
Doctor:Is there any other query?
User:thanks for info....
User:No query.....
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Doctor:Have a nice weekend.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor