Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bronchitis. Report showed infection in lung. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I am suffering from bronchitis. I was looking for a pulmonologist
Doctor:Do you mean you wish to consult a pulmonologist near your locality?
User:yeah, if you can guide me a good pulmonologist in and around BTM or Jayanagar or HSR or Banashankari?
User:or if Healthcare magic has any good pulmonologist whom i can talk to
Doctor:This link has list of pulmonologist registered under XXXXXXX
Doctor:A few of them have user written review which can guide you to get a personal face to face consultation.
Doctor:You also have an option writing to expert pulmonologist
Doctor:online and get an answer from them.
Doctor:If you wish to get an online consultation,
User:can i talk to them?
Doctor:then I suggest you to use "ask a specialist" available to you.
Doctor:You can get a written answer from a pulmonologist.
Doctor:They are not available on live chat or phone calls.
Doctor:He/she can give a valuable suggestions which you can follow through your general physician
Doctor:if meeting a pulmonologist face to face is necessary, then can be able to suggest you / refer you to one specialist.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
User:how soon i can expect a reply?
Doctor:Most often the specialist would reply as early as 2-6 hours
Doctor:The maximum time by which you would get a reply would be 24 hours
User:also, I have visted one pulmonologist before and have taken medication which have reduced the severity but i am still affected by the disease
Doctor:May I know if the doctor diagnosed you to have acute bronchitis or chronic bronchitis.
User:acute bronchitis
User:i mean mild bronchitis
Doctor:Symptoms of acute bronchitis usually subside in a week or two,
Doctor:but some times it might take 2-3 months for complete cessation of symptoms.
User:he did an x-ray on me
User:and reported infection in lung
Doctor:May I know your symptoms and the durations since when you have it?
User:i have allergy with Dust and cold
User:and i have sinusitis too
User:Sinusitis is since long time
User:but this bronchitis thing has picked up since last 4-5 months
User:usually i will be short of breath
User:with sound while breathing
Doctor:Do you have cough / fever?
User:and cough with "khic-khich" remains
User:no fever doesn't come usually
Doctor:Do you also have nasal congestion, headache, facial pain, sorethroat too?
User:its just that for few minute and hour , my lung function will change
User:nasal congestion happens very often
User:due to sinusitis
Doctor:May I know your age and whether you have history of bronchial asthma?
User:my Mother has asthma
User:i am 29 yrs old
Doctor:Let me try to give you some information based on the symptoms you described.
Doctor:Respiratory symptoms are divided as upper respiratory and lower respiratory.
Doctor:A Chest Xray is helpful to some extent to differentiate among the two.
Doctor:Clinically you probably have upper respiratory tract infection (nose, sinus, pharynx, trachea and bronchus) and
Doctor:complete resolution of symptoms occurs when all the components are treated.
Doctor:A few measures that help in treatment are
Doctor:1. Steam inhalation, antihistamine/mast cell stabiliser drugs - to take care of nasal congestion and sinusitis.
Doctor:2. Cough suppressants - to take care of cough (arising from trachea, bronchus)
Doctor:3. If breathing issues are severe, one can use bronchodilators
Doctor:which are available as inhalers
Doctor:4. If there is an element of infection (which clinically is not present in your case) a course of antibiotic is essential.
Doctor:5. In addition to these, some times non responsive cases are to be treated with steroids.
Doctor:Based on what you describe, I think a brief use of antihistamines, steam inhalation, cough suppressants and inhalers should help in resolution of your current symptoms.
Doctor:As you have history of recurring sinusitis, it also needs to be addressed by an ENT surgeon once your present symptoms resolve.
Doctor:A good general physician with M.D qualification should be able to treat your present condition.
Doctor:If you have already consulted on such doctor and you are not happy with the treatment,
Doctor:you have a choice to consult another physician or pulmonologist then.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor