Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Urticare. Having Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency. Suggest further tests? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 06-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i want to know what are names of vitamin test, i want to do it for my parents (father-55, Mother - 45)
Doctor:Why do you wish to perform vitamin tests on your parents?
Doctor:Do you suspect some problem?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:Iwas suffering from Urticare from past 7-8 years and recently found that it was because of Vitamin - D and Vitamin B12 deficiency, Vitamin b12 can only be obtained from Meat so wanted to get the test done as we are vegi looking at there age i want to do a complete health test so that we can get basic things diagnosed
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Thanks for providing the details.
Doctor:Now besides them being vegetarian, do the have any other medical problem?
Doctor:such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems?
User:my mom was diagnosed with Thyroid, couple of months back.. she's taking medicines.. and father has got High BP ... no one is diabetic
Doctor:Any one in the family suffer from heart problems?
Doctor:Thanks for providing these details.
Doctor:There are different tests done to assess vitamin functions of the body. Two most important ones to be tested are
Doctor:1. Vitamin D and Vitamin b12 levels.
Doctor:Besides these two, you can also get their folic acid levels checked.
Doctor:Apart from vitamin levels,
Doctor:I also would advice you to check their hemoglobin levels (complete blood count),
Doctor:fasting lipid profile,
Doctor:thyroid function, renal functions tested.
User:so fasting lipid profile means 10 hrs no food (can have water) right?
Doctor:Blood sugar, ECG and homocysteine levels
Doctor:can constitute a comprehensive check up.
Doctor:Along with these tests, your mother can also get her breast examined (mammograph if needed)
Doctor:and pap smear done.
User:okay, so is there any name for this comprehensive checkup? specifically?
User:what is pap smear?
Doctor:Health check ups come is different groups.
User:what is homocysteine levels and is for
Doctor:The name of individual groups is varied / changed according to institutes preferences.
Doctor:You can check various health check up plans
Doctor:and see which plan contains most of these tests.
Doctor:And choose accordingly.
Doctor:Homocysteine level and pap smear are two different tests.
Doctor:One is a blood test
Doctor:pap smear is a procedure done by a gynecologist.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
Doctor:You can chat with us 24/7 if you have any medical query.
User:Hi sorry my internet connection got disconnected
Doctor:So I think I had answered all your queries in our previous discussion
User:if i have to take openion for the above test, which type specialist doctors should i consider seeking further help
Doctor:Please go through the chat once again
User:for my Mother (basically Tyhyroid), for my Father ( High blood pressure)
Doctor:Since it is a wellness check I suggest an XXXXXXX Medicine doctor
Doctor:also known as General Physician
User:Thanks i'll go through the chat history, appreciate your time and openion
Doctor:Thank you for visiting me here
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor