Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Chronic gastritis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   actually i am having gastric problems from 3 years
Doctor :   ok
User :   i had undergone two courses each of 3 monyhs regarding it
User :   one of it was aurevedic
Doctor :   ok
User :   now after 2 years again i get the burning sensation and gas in my stomach
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   What course did you use
User :   and important is i am getting a pain towards my right side of stomach when i press little hard on it
Doctor :   how is your appetite?
User :   its fine but some time get little digestive problems
Doctor :   What course did you use
User :   one aurvedic and a homeopathic courses
Doctor :   0k
Doctor :   How is your bowel
User :   one more thing; 1 year ago i had a serious problem in my stomach
User :   sorry what is bowel i dont ge it
Doctor :   motion
User :   some times its the the concern.
Doctor :   What is the concern
User :   like it is not allways but some days it is not so free
Doctor :   What is the color of it?
User :   brown
Doctor :   ok
User :   but if some days i dont get it freely it smells very badly
Doctor :   what is yur daily diet
User :   i prescribed i am taking a lot of water also
Doctor :   To get a more complete picture I need this information
Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status: User :   my diet is bascially rice
User :   age:23;occ:service;loc:banglore;unmaried
Doctor :   did you see doctor for this?
User :   for now my concerns are stomach pain and a pain at lower-right of my stomach.some digestion problem and excess gas
User :   no i had seen a doc. 5 months before and she has given a syrup for digestion
User :   but that didnt do any good
Doctor :   You can take UNIZYME MPS syrup for now
Doctor :   But i would suggest you to get a physcial examination by a doctor
User :   this was given to me by my doc. before 6 months
Doctor :   and if needed an endoscopy
Doctor :   This is a chronic problems for you
User :   yes
User :   one more thing doc.
User :   once 1 year ago i had a serious burning pain in my stomach,
User :   i was not able to eat a little spicy or hot thing due to that prescribed i had only boiled food for 3 months
User :   the doc there had explained that my inner wall of stomach is burnt due to excess gas and so i got this pain for 3 months
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I Could guess that
Doctor :   This is chronic gastritis, you have to see a gastroenterologist and get an endoscopy done
Doctor :   You will be prescribed medicines called proton pump inhibitors
Doctor :   Those will cause good relief to you along with some dietary modifications
User :   also due to it i got urine infection also
Doctor :   You have to quit coffee tea and alcohol if you have
Doctor :   the habit
User :   that is while urinating i use to get burning pain
User :   just taking tea
User :   and i have left cigrate for 6 months
User :   doc can this be apendicities
Doctor :   Appendicitis symptoms are like severe pain, vomiting and can only be diagnosed with physcial examination
User :   but i am getting pain on right side
Doctor :   So if it is so your previous doctor would have advised you a ultrasound
Doctor :   the pain shall be in the lower part on rt side
Doctor :   at times pain can be on lt side also
User :   yes same thing
Doctor :   ok any ways you have to get the inveestigations done
User :   pain is in the middle lower half of my body
Doctor :   I would suggest you to see the doc as soon as possible
Doctor :   I can hlep you
User :   yes what help doc
Doctor :   I can help you in recommending to a good doc
Doctor :   near your area
User :   great doc sure i need that
Doctor :   Which area do you belong to
User :   banglore
Doctor :   Please confirm your details
User :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   For now you can take Rantac tablet before food
Doctor :   and Unizyme syrup
Doctor :   at meal
Doctor :   2 to 3 spoon
Doctor :   Take only fluid det
User :   ok
Doctor :   diet
Doctor :   Cold milk
User :   its after meal
Doctor :   in the night
User :   what about curd
Doctor :   One of our doctors shall call you an dhlep you
Doctor :   No curd
Doctor :   Only cold milk
User :   is there any problem with curd
User :   ok i will do as prescribed
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor