Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Sudden blurring of vision - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hello I'm a 23 year old male from New york
Doctor :   ok.
User :   hello my concern is that for past few days my vision in my left eye has been a bit blurry
User :   its bothering me because it distorts my overall vision unless i cover that left eye
Doctor :   ok. Di you ever hurt or injure the eye ?
Doctor :   did
User :   no never
Doctor :   Did it started suddenly ? is its progressing
User :   yea started i believe sunday morning
User :   and i dont know if it has progressed but sometimes it really bothers me
User :   last couple weeks ive had labyrinthitis and bad case of sinus problems
Doctor :   ok, Labrynthitis may not be related directly
Doctor :   I strongly suspect either interocular bleed or retinal plethora
Doctor :   You have to get a retinoscope
Doctor :   consult your nearest Opthalmologist for the same
Doctor :   Do not delay
User :   how could i have gotten either?
Doctor :   Many of the illnesses are idiopathic
Doctor :   i still cant rule out the labrynthitis as the not the cause
User :   well i had alot of headaches for a while and went to E.R. and was told it was likely a sinus infection my headaches were all over my head i was on antibiotics
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   well there are numerous causes of the sudden blurring of the vision , a retinoscope can give a detailed insight
User :   i dont have any medical insurance though
Doctor :   retinoscope is not a major perocedure
Doctor :   it will be done by the othalmologist in his clinic
User :   could i go to ER since im under a plan and dont have to pay for that
Doctor :   retinoscope or fundoscope is a portable instrument carried by the opthalmologist procedure is simple, fast and cheap
Doctor :   yes, Visit ER,
Doctor :   but do not delay
User :   ok i will
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   its weird its like my eye focuses then goes out of cous
User :   focus
Doctor :   yes, if it is prolonged you may get Amblyopia due to differences in the vision
Doctor :   use a goggle which completely block the vision of the affected eye until it gets treated
User :   ok thank you .go now to ER since i have time
Doctor :   yes
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor