Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, pinching pain, twisting - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Abdominal Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr raju here
Doctor :   How can i help you ?
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   sorry
User :   iv been having really bad stomach pains for the past week and im quite worried
Doctor :   Did you have loose stools ?
User :   no my stools are normal they come randomly or after eating
User :   iv had no blood either
Doctor :   Do you have nausea ?
User :   nope it feels like someone is pinching my stomach and twisting
Doctor :   and does that happen before or after food ?
User :   both really it can be mild to start with then after iv eaten it can get worse
Doctor :   ok, do you feel burning sensation in the chest ?
User :   no not really i do get the odd pinch though
User :   nothing im worried about
Doctor :   ok, have you tried any medications for the same ?
User :   iv tried iburofen and peto bismol (sorry cant spell) they settle it for a while but then it comes again
Doctor :   ok, avoid Ibuprofen from now , i suspect your problem to be Acid peptic disease
Doctor :   And pain killers aggravate the symptoms
Doctor :   take antacids like tums
Doctor :   Also visit a gastroenterologist and get an Upper Gi endoscopy for the same
Doctor :   a detailed insight and photos of the inner lining of the oeusophagus and stomach can be seen
User :   sorry what is an gastroenterologist? what will they do?
Doctor :   they are the specialist who deal with stomach and intestines
User :   you dont think anything is seriously wrong do you?
Doctor :   no , acid peptic disease is a very common condition and for sure its not serious
User :   in the past two years iv had two aunties die of cancer one from cervixal and another from lung?
User :   what will they do to help me?
User :   im quite scared if you can tell
Doctor :   they will perform a procedure called endoscopy where a optical fiber connected to camera is sent through food pipe and photographs of the oesophagus and stomach are taken and studied in detail
User :   is that like a pill or a tube going down my throat
Doctor :   it will be a tube
User :   will they do it when im asleep?
Doctor :   no , when awake but they will use anaesthetic gels , the procedure is not painful
User :   im not liking the sound of a tube down my throat when im awake aspeacially im not a very good person when it comes to things like that
Doctor :   do not be scared , its very thin and simple
Doctor :   it may sound scary , but i bet you will face it
User :   so should i go see my GP?
Doctor :   you can directly visit a gastroenterologist
User :   i googled my query and one girl said she had an ulcer on her stomach and ovary is that what could be wrong with me? they did it by scans is that an option?
Doctor :   Ulcer in the stomach could be a possibility , but no ovary problems can be a chance
User :   are scans no option either?
Doctor :   no , scans cannot diagnose this condition
User :   ok
User :   the 'tums' u suggested what are they and where can i get them? will they help?
Doctor :   they are antacids . wil reduce the effects of stomach acids and give you relief
User :   where can i get them?
Doctor :   in any pharmacy shops
User :   ok thankyou
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
User :   thankyou you too
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor