Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Stomach bulging due to lack of exercise - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   please proceed with your query
User :   My husband when ever he has food, his stomarch bulges and he gets stomach pain
User :   Could you let me know why he has this problem
Doctor :   since when he is facing this problem ?
Doctor :   may i know his age please ?
User :   from past 2 years
User :   27 years
Doctor :   how is his lifestyle ?
Doctor :   does he exercise ?
Doctor :   does he lives a active life ?
User :   Yes
User :   he doesnt exercise
User :   he stopped after marriage
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   can you tell me your typical diet you eat
User :   mine or his
Doctor :   his
User :   most of the time he has food from hotel
User :   only one time at home
User :   in a fay
User :   opps
User :   day
Doctor :   well there lies your biggest problem..hotel food is nothing but cooked in bad oil and not at all healthy and having this causes flatulence in the stomach leading to stomach pain and bloating
User :   most of the time he rushes to toilet
Doctor :   he need to stop eating this outside food and make a change for homemade food
Doctor :   and he needs to have fiber in his diet
User :   ok
Doctor :   fruits vegetables and salads
User :   Going to gim will it also help
Doctor :   outside food once in a while is ok ... but everyday is not at all a good option
Doctor :   yes gym and exercise works great provided we take in healthy diet
Doctor :   because of this he has been experiencing this problem
User :   Ok
User :   Spicy food will it spoil the health
User :   Can you give him some diet food
Doctor :   it can cause gastritis and should be avoided
Doctor :   where are you from ?
User :   XXXXX
User :   and you?
Doctor :   i am based in XXXX too
Doctor :   Mix 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a pinch of asafoetida and a pinch of rock salt in a cup of warm water and drink it everyday
Doctor :   he should also Chew on some fresh ginger slices that are soaked in lime juice after meals.
Doctor :   Dry grind 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of dry ginger and 1 tsp of green cardamom seeds. Add 1/2 tsp of this mixture to water and drink after 1 hour after meal.
Doctor :   these will help him to get rid of the bulging
User :   Great
Doctor :   Carbonated drinks should be avoided
User :   Will follow it
Doctor :   eating smaller meals is a good idea rather than consuming a large meal at a time.
Doctor :   Chewing the food slowly and steadily is important. Avoid swallowing or gulping down food. Properly masticated food is better digested.
User :   Is slice and mazaa good
Doctor :   nothing is better than fresh juice
User :   ok
Doctor :   Regular exercise such as walks keeps the intestinal muscles in ship shape.
User :   ok
Doctor :   tell him to avoid outside food
Doctor :   he can take a tiffin from home
User :   Will definitely tell him
Doctor :   eat salads
Doctor :   and vegetables
Doctor :   it will surely help him
User :   Great
User :   Thank you for the response. Happy that there is nothing major.
Doctor :   yes its just that dietary habits that need to be change and thats all
Doctor :   you are most welcome
User :   Bye
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor