Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Stinging sensation caused while have sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hi my name is . Everytime me and my husbadn have sex my girl area stings really bad. Do you know what this is from? It has happened even from the very first time on our honeymoon
Doctor :   ok
User :   its so bad I usually can't even urinate after
User :   any ideas?
Doctor :   do you mean to say that you have pain every time?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok does it start only after the act is over or even before that?
User :   sometimes when we use lubricant it isn't so bad but it still hurts a little
User :   during
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you feel any itchiness or irritation in that area?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok do you have enough foreplay before the actual act of intercourse?
User :   sometimes but not reaslly alot. Sex for us has only ever really lasted up to a half an hour but usually only ten minutes

Doctor :   ok most probably thats the main factor causing the trouble
Doctor :   usually a good foreplay enhances the lubrication in both male and female
Doctor :   so it is very necessary and could even completely relieve you of the troubles you are having now.
Doctor :   It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Doctor :   hi
User :   HI my name is XXXXXXXX and everytime my husband and I have sex it stings my area really bad, so bad that I usually cannot urinate after. What do you think this is form and do you know how to prevent it or fix it?
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   ok so what do you suggest for foreplay? how would that work?
Doctor :   foreplay is basically enhancing the natural lubricant mechanism
Doctor :   that is vaginal secretions and pre semenial secretions in men
Doctor :   so that the whole act occurs smoothly without hurting
User :   so there probably isn't anything seriously wrong with me?
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   this happens in many couples
Doctor :   cause of no proper practise of foreplay
User :   I have always heard that it is supposed to feel good and it never has for me so I got scared
Doctor :   follow these steps and you can see the difference within few days
Doctor :   what doesn't feel good?
User :   the actual act
Doctor :   ok could you specify your age please?
User :   19
Doctor :   how long has it been since you are married?
User :   almost 4 months
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   where do you feel the problem is? have you spoken to your husband?
User :   I have spoken to him and I feel bad because I feel like he thinks he's doing something worng.
Doctor :   ok
User :   I don't want him to be discouraged
Doctor :   have you visited any doctor or counsellor for the same?
User :   no.....too embarrased
Doctor :   ok

Doctor :   where do you feel the problem lies you or your husband?
User :   me
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   its most probably nothing to worry about
User :   also when were done and he pulls out Its always wet under myself. Is this normal?
Doctor :   yes it is perfectly normal
Doctor :   there are two reasons for that
Doctor :   one is due to the semen from your husband the other the vaginal secretions from you
Doctor :   since you said that its only been 4 months
Doctor :   most probably its normal that many woman face these problems
Doctor :   in the begining
User :   ok I wasn't sure that it waqs supposed to come out like that. So it should go away or mellow out?

Doctor :   a portion of it invariably flows out mixed with the vagnal secretions
Doctor :   there is nothing to worry aboput that
User :   ok. So is there anything that I can do to help the stinging after intercourse?
User :   or anything to prevent it?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   firstly its your anxiety that might be adding up to this problem
Doctor :   so you need to sit and talk with your husband
Doctor :   explain it to him that it is no ones fault
Doctor :   its a natural thing
Doctor :   also it is always advisable to spend a little time intimately talking before actually engaging in the act
Doctor :   no need to hurry up from any of the side
Doctor :   also initially until you practise foreplay you might use adequate lubricants for preventing the pain
Doctor :   are you with me?

User :   ok. No one had every talked to either of us on how to do it so we werent sure we were doing it right

User :   yes
Doctor :   ok

Doctor :   you need to feel free to talk about it with your husband
Doctor :   that helps you both by relieving anxiety
Doctor :   do you have any other doubts?
User :   you feel lubrication should help for now?
Doctor :   yes for now..
Doctor :   also do you feel dis interested in the act?
User :   no I feel interested it just scares me when I know were going to do it because I know the outcome is going to hurt
Doctor :   ok may that fear of pain is preventing you from being involved fully
Doctor :   so you need to talk it out with your husband to take it slow and steady without hurting you also about foreplay..
Doctor :   also is the penetration happening or is there difficulty in that also?
User :   what does that mean?
Doctor :   i meant to say is the act of penetration complete cause in some women immediate painful spasm of vagina closes the orifice
Doctor :   that condition also known as vaginismus is also painful hence asked to rule that out
User :   what is the penetration?
Doctor :   the act of penis entering a vagina
User :   yes that hurts
User :   how do i fix that?
Doctor :   in the start? i mean does it hurt with half entry? do you feel spasms inside?

User :   i don't necessarily feel spasms but when he first tries to enter it hurts so i try to have him go in a little and pull back and keep doing that until he is in all the way...Is that right?
Doctor :   yes that is a safer way.. than hurrying up
Doctor :   ok basically you need to talk it out remove anxiety or fear if any and also put in foreplay this should help you with the problem.
User :   ok, is he supposed to be all the way in for it to work?
Doctor :   basically whats happening is due to lack of lubrication you are feeling the pain. nothing to do with the depth of penetration as you said it hurts even after complete act
User :   ok, so form all of this you wouldn't say I have a yeast infection? because I 've done research and thats all I have been able to think of
Doctor :   its normal in many couples to face similar problems like this initially
Doctor :   no yeast infection which is known as candidial infetion does not cause pain
User :   ok
Doctor :   it starts with itching and white discharge
Doctor :   do you have any of these>?
User :   when would I have the discharge?
Doctor :   if any infections in the vaginal area then it could present with a discharge
Doctor :   white in case of fungal infections
User :   when going to the bathroom?
Doctor :   not only bathroom basically its similar to periods flow but discharge occurs in different color and very small amounts
User :   ok
User :   well thank you I will try your advice
Doctor :   if you still feel pain after following all these we will be here to help you out
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   I think that is it thank you so much

Doctor :   thanks for visiting healthcare magic. bye for now.
Doctor :   you are always welcome.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor