Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Stiffness and pain in the lower back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I have pain in my lower back. It gets very stiff sometimes.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   Hello
Doctor :   since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   Male 38
User :   2 weeks
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is the pain radiating down to your legs too?
User :   Yes a little
User :   there was a feeling of numbness in the calves
User :   and felt like tying it with a cloth or something
Doctor :   Do you notice weakness of leg/numbness of the legs?
User :   Yes as I said so
Doctor :   Do you have any problem while passing urine or stools?
Doctor :   Do you have fever?
User :   No none
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you had similar problems in the past?
Doctor :   May I know your occupation?
User :   No never
Doctor :   do you have any other medical illness such as diabetes/hypertension?
User :   XXX
User :   No
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   Back pain can occur due to multiple causes.
Doctor :   The exact cause can be determined by a physical examination alone.
User :   I have pain right now
User :   and I cannot visit a doctor right now
User :   can you suggest some medicine which I can have right now
User :   I can order from my chemist whatever you prescribe
Doctor :   You can use tablet Ibuprofen 400m tablets twice a day and starting now.
Doctor :   Use them after your meals.
User :   I had combiflam but no relief at all
Doctor :   Apart from the medication, strict bed rest is essential.
User :   as today is sunday no doctor is available
Doctor :   If the oral tablets are not reducing the pain, you will need injectable medications.
User :   Can I visit your physical address for the same?
User :   Where are you guys based
Doctor :   In such a case you need to visit a hospital emergency room(casuality).
Doctor :   I am based from Bangalore, India.
User :   ohk
User :   can you provide some reference in XXX?
Doctor :   Apart from this the other measures that can help you are bedrest, hotwater bagging.
Doctor :   May I know your location?
User :   XXX XXX
Doctor :   give me a minute.
Doctor :   I shall suggest you one.
User :   Also it is paining badly
User :   can I had mobizox as my brother is suggesting?
User :   Yes please that'll help
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   You can try mobizox.
User :   I didn't get any help right now
User :   that link would help
User :   but I can go to the doctor only tom
User :   since its raining and im sick
Doctor :   However, if they are not effective, you still need injectable medications.
User :   ? nothing better you can suggest?
Doctor :   The link that I gave you contains the list of multispeciality hospitals at delhi.
Doctor :   You can visit one, if the oral medications are not helping you.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor