Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Squint problem due to high eye power - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I want to talk to Eye doctor
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   My son has high power spects .. +7 at the age of 8 years .. what is the solution
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is his vision increasing now?
User :   no , stable
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but due to high power , i think he is getting little squint
Doctor :   Once his vision stabilizes after 18, he can go for corrective surgery.
User :   will his squintness increase , if he keeps wearing these high power number
Doctor :   No, it wont
User :   ok.. are doctors available 24 hrs on this website ??
User :   can they prescribe medicine on net ??
Doctor :   Once the power stabilizes and he is 18 year old surgery can be contemplated, untill then glasses are the best option.
Doctor :   General Practitioners are available round the clock and we cannot prescribe medicines online without examining the patient

Doctor :   However, I advice that you give him a lot of green leafy vegetables and carrots
Doctor :   And get him regularly examined
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor