Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Squint eye in a 4 year old - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr AAAAAAA here
Doctor :   how can I help you?
User :   Hello Good morning.
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   My 4 year old son have been diagosed with squint in left eye
User :   is it curable ??
Doctor :   ok. it is congenital squint?
Doctor :   meaning to ask was it present since birth?
User :   dont observed actually, but it is significant now
Doctor :   ok. treatment depends on correcting the cause
Doctor :   and should be started early to have good and long term results
User :   I had shown to one eye specialist
Doctor :   treatment started before age of 5 years usually has good prognosis
User :   He checked and said that the left eye had cylindrical myopic power
Doctor :   ok. if the squint is due to visual aquity problems, then correction vision will help to correct squint
User :   and advised to apply atropine sulphate ointment 1 % for three days then he will check further
Doctor :   ok. have you started him on treatment as advised?
Doctor :   http://XXXX
User :   today only,,is it right treatment
Doctor :   visit this link to know more on squint in children , causes and treatment options.
Doctor :   you can also opt to take a second opinion from our panel specialists. I am a General Practitioner.
User :   ok but is it a matter of worry ?? is it the right age
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   this link will take you to our panel specialist list
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   it is a matter of worry when it cannot be corrected. since he is young prognosis is good
Doctor :   go ahead with repeat examination after 3 days to see if there is any improvement
User :   thanks
Doctor :   and proceed with further treatment as indicated
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor