Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Spreading of HIV infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions

User :   hi doctor
User :   doctor i have a question
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   a week ago i touched a dry blood stuck on the chair of the taxi driver if the blood was for a hiv positive man or girl will i be infected
User :   i didn't have any cut wounds or sores
Doctor :   No, if you touched with an intact skin

Doctor :  
there is no reason for you to be worried
User :   what do u mean by intact skin
Doctor :   Meaning normal skin

Doctor :  
without any cuts or wounds
User :   i touched the dry blood with my hands
User :   but i din't have any sores or cut wounds
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
There is no chance
Doctor :  
and you can relax
User :   if a hiv positive man touched his pennis then touched the pennis of the hiv negative will he transmit any virus
User :   thx doctor
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?

User :   so, hiv and aids can only be transmited through body fluids and blood right?
Doctor :   Yes, if it is transmitted to from blood/body fluids to blood/body fluids
Doctor :  
not with an intact skin

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor