Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Spermatocele feels it has rupture - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2576 Questions
User :   is there any danger in a spermatocele being popped? i have a cyst in my scrotum that i think i applied too much pressure on, and I believe it might have popped, as it is much smaller now and I am feeling much abdominal discomfort now.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   32
User :   i saw a urologist about the problem, and i'm waiting on results
Doctor :   Since when are you having this discomfort?
User :   since i squeezed the lump. the testicle under the cyst got large and firm after i squeezed it too
Doctor :   A ruptured spermatocele would produce intense pain, swelling, hemorrhage and many more acute symptoms.
User :   is there a risk of infection or other medical complications? i know i shouldn't be 'playing' with it,
Doctor :   If those are seen, then you would need to consult a doctor for evaluation and treatment
User :   i will be following up with my doctor after the weekend when the ultrasound results are in
Doctor :   And yes, it may cause infection.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor