Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Sperm analysis and pregnancy chances - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi, my husband and I has been on TTC for almost 7 years now. His sperm analysis are: 1.4ml, sperm concentration-120M/ml, Total sperm count-168M, Total Motility-45%, Progressive Motility-30%, Non Progressive-15%, Immotile-55%, Sperm Vitality-65%, Agglutination-NIL, White blood cell-1.5M/ml, normal forms-10%, abnormal-90%. COMMENT: Red Blood Cells: 1-3/HPF, Lecoctozoospermia.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr.
User :   hi, pls tell me what is the meaning of my husband's sperm analysis. What is my chance of being pregnant?
Doctor :   plz wait
Doctor :   is it Lecoctozoospermia.
Doctor :   Necrozoospermia
User :   i dont know, it is spelled that way. Well anyway, what is my chance of getting pregnant?
Doctor :   There are good chances
Doctor :   sperm analsys is with in normal range
Doctor :   Normal sperm counts is 20 million '
Doctor :   he has 168 millionm
Doctor :   minimum motile sperms should be 60%
Doctor :   But he has 45% only
Doctor :   But when u take in total sperms,the totalmotiles sperms will be alright
User :   yes but what bothers me is that, he only has 10% normal sperms. We've been trying for almost 7 years now.
User :   can i still get pregnant with that condition or do i need to undergo artificial insemination?
Doctor :   Minuimum 4% sperms are enough
Doctor :   to be called normal
Doctor :   so any thing above 4% is normal
Doctor :   he has 10 %
Doctor :   THere are good chances with this sperm analysis
User :   i'll be having hysterosalpingogram in 14days,to check if my fallopian tubes are not blocked. Do you think it will increase my chance of conceiving?
Doctor :   It is always unpredactable
Doctor :   So it depends on clincial condition
Doctor :   How long u have been trying to conceve
Doctor :   How long u have been having unprotected intercourse
Doctor :   it is only test
Doctor :   It will only tell u whether u tubes r blocked or not
Doctor :   If the tubes are not blocked , u willbe alright
Doctor :   get the test domne to make sure ur tubes are patent
User :   is there a need for me to undergo artificial insemination?
Doctor :   u did not answer my questions
Doctor :   How long u have been trying to conceve
Doctor :   How long u have been having unprotected intercourse
User :   we've been trying for 6years and six months of unprotected intercourse
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Then go for the artificial insemination
Doctor :   or IVF
Doctor :   but make sure
User :   we already have a child he's now turning 7 on july this year
Doctor :   ur tubes r ok
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   then might be good
Doctor :   I think there r no reasins form u
Doctor :   why is he getting TTC f
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
Doctor :   because u already have one kid, I don't think there are any reasons from u
User :   i just want to be assured that he is capable of impregnating me
Doctor :   But get the tubal patency test s done
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   His sperms are capable of making u pregan t
User :   ok, ill just go with the hssg, thanks
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Good luck
Doctor :   Thank you for consult
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor