Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Some small brown freckles starting to appear on cheeks. Any precautions to take ? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 10-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor:Dr XXXXXXX here
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i wanted to talk to a dermatologist
User:There are some small brown freckles starting to appear on my cheeks. Should I take any precaution for that. Should I use any sunscreen/moisturizer??
Doctor:I am a general physician. I can help you within my expertise. If you want an opinion from a dermatologist, I suggest you to write a query on ask a specialist portal.
Doctor:Yes, use of sunscreen and moisturizer have positive effects in preventing brown spots.
Doctor:Use a good sunscreen with more than 30 SPF
Doctor:along with it use moisturizers containing vitamin D/aloe vera.
Doctor:They have beneficial effects in preventing freckles.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:i'm currently using garnier powerlight moisturizer.
User:but how will i know it's SPF value?
Doctor:SPF is always mentioned in any sunscreen products.
Doctor:Most garnier and neutrogena sun screens have more than 30 SPF.
Doctor:You can confirm the SPF in your sunscreen by reading the label.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:ok. Thank You
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:Nothing else.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor