Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Solution to cure stye inside eyelid - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   how can i treat a painful stye inside my eyelid?
User :   ?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
i will help you in this
User :   ok
User :   its swollen and you can see the puss part which is gross
Doctor :  
if it is a small stye, it resolves by itself
User :   should i pop it
User :   its a good size
User :   on on the inside
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :  
you can do hot water fomentation for it
Doctor :  
it will slowly pop,
User :   been trying but not helping
Doctor :  
do not sqeeze to make it pop
User :   so i shouldnt pop it myself?
Doctor :  
are you using any eyedrops for it?
User :   no
User :   should i?
Doctor :  
the best will be to get it popped/drained by an ophthalmologist
User :   over the counter drops?
Doctor :  
in aseptic conditions
User :   no insurance
User :   :(
Doctor :  
such that the pus draining out will not affect
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
no no OTC drops
User :   if i pop ot will it stop hirting and go away/
Doctor :  
you will need antibiotics drops

Doctor :  
yes after popping, the pain usually will come down
Doctor :  
as the stretching effect will go
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor