Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Smoking and mouth ulcers - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   How may i help you?
User :   I quit smoking about 3 months ago. Since then Ive been chewing Nicorettes. Since about a month ago I get these white puss filled 'pimples' on the inside of my lower right gums (at the back). It will burst and then reappear randomly, sometimes after eating. This morning it appears after eating yoghurt, but Ive also chewed Nicorette so I dont know. I also get it on the same side but at the top back
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Are your sure its puss filled or just clear fluid
User :   It looks white
Doctor :   The most common occurance in lower gums are Ulcers
Doctor :   And they lok white as there are just the fluids collected due to inflamatory changes
User :   It normally burst quickly after appearing and reappears say about oncve a week or so
Doctor :   All need is change your chewing habits and avoid chewing or storing the gum in lower gums for few days
Doctor :   yes they do appear
Doctor :   You will require B complex supplements and Brohexidine mouth wash
Doctor :   Do you consume alcohol?
User :   I consume alcohol very rarely
User :   Maybe once a month
Doctor :   Ok thats good
Doctor :   All required is an multivitamin course for 15 days( B comlex)
Doctor :   Avoid spicy food, and also hot foods have them warm
Doctor :   And did you recently develop any kind of fever or throat infection
User :   No throat infection, but I had a bit of a cold and been run down (I am a teacher in a Special Needs School, so we get sick quite a bit)
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Then i dont feel there is anykind of infection probably
Doctor :   But i need to have a look to confirm the diagnosis
User :   Will get the B vitamins. Will I be able to get the Brohexidine mouth wash from any pharmacy in the UK?
Doctor :   You can rather try suggested supplemnet and mouthwash for a week if symptoms persist you require an examination from an ENT physcian
Doctor :   Yes both the drugs are OTC
User :   Will try it. Thank you very much
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   That is all for now thanks. Was just really worried about it since I had it appearing and reappearing for quite a while now.
Doctor :   Dont worry will resolve soon
Doctor :   wishing you speedy recovery
User :   Thanks. Have a great evening
Doctor :   Just follow suggested for Week you will sure have good results
Doctor :   Same here
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   Bye
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor