Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Small lump over the shaft of the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   small soft lump of skin underneath the penis and not painfull.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   23
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this lump?
User :   last 2 yrs
Doctor :   May I know the exact location of this lump?
User :   it stretches with skin
User :   on shaft
User :   i.e. underneath
Doctor :   Does it look like a vein?
User :   no
Doctor :   Does it get reduced?
User :   while the penis is erect it gets reduced becomes negligible
Doctor :   Do you find any visual changes from the rest?
User :   i didnt get it ???
Doctor :   Do you find any changes over this lump when compared to the rest of the penis?
Doctor :   Such as any changes of colour or the texture?
User :   no it is same in size when penis not erect and same as skin colour
Doctor :   How big is this lump?
User :   size of a shirt button
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you find any similar swelling else where in the body?
User :   no sir .
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain.
User :   ok
Doctor :   From the history you have given, the lump is a benign condition meaning harmless, non progressive condition.
User :   and
Doctor :   It can either be a cyst, or just a fold of the skin crease which has become predominant.
User :   so then
Doctor :   You would need a physical examination to know differentiate between these.
User :   where can I get my physical examination done
Doctor :   The treatment for this is just observation and no medical drugs going to help it.
Doctor :   If you are worried about cosmetically, then you would need a minor procedure - a surgical excision to remove it.
User :   and if not ???
Doctor :   You can consult a urologist, if you are interested in getting this.
Doctor :   Since the condition is a benign condition, they usually do not cause any problems.
User :   thank GOD !!!
Doctor :   You just have to observe for any fresh changes such as increase in the size, any colour changes or changes in the texture.
Doctor :   And nothing else would be required.
User :   where can I get my physical examination done ???
User :   in Nagpur ???
Doctor :   But if you are really interested in getting it cured, then you can consult a urologist for both physical examination and treatment.
User :   Which urologist should i consult in Nagpur ???
Doctor :   You can visit XXXXXXXX Institute of Urology and Andrology.
Doctor :   The address is
Doctor :  
Doctor :   Phone:
User :   and why this happens ???
Doctor :   Do you have any further query that I can assist you with?
Doctor :   The cause is usually unknown.
User :   hmmmm....
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   any precautions ???
Doctor :   Only observe for those changes and nothing else.
User :   ok sir !!! Sir ur good name please ???
Doctor :   Dr. AAAAAAA
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   thank you very much Sir no further query's
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form too.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.

User :   it was pleasure talking to you byeee
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor