Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Small bump inside the fold of earlobe on one side. What can i do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hi, I have a small bump inside the fold of my earlobe on one side. It feels like a pimple, or very similar to another sebaceous cyst i have on my neck.
User:I think I may have irritated it trying to see it
User:as I was trying to get a view and bending the lobe and now it is very sore
User:does this warrant a doctor's visit or is there anything I can do on my own to help?
Doctor:Ok, you could have initialted an inflammation
Doctor:do you see any break in the skin over it ?
User:No, but I cannot see it as it is inside the fold on the top of the earlobe in the front
User:but it feels dry, though that was because I had put some hydrogen peroxide on it trying to clear it up
Doctor:You may need not worry
Doctor:a antiinflammatory and a antibiotic ointment (if skin broken ) would be sufficient
User:Ok, then I can just leave it alone and not worry about it?
Doctor:Yes, it will heal on its own
User:ok thanks so much! I was worried I had messed it up big time!!
Doctor:and do not handle it anymore
User:ok thank you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor